What Causes Fire Damage?
While some fires are brought on by general causes and can occur anywhere, other causes are more specific for certain rooms.
Don’t undervalue the fire danger from electricity just because there is no flame involved. The over heating of hot plugs and sockets and blown fuses may start a fire.
Most cigarettes related fires begin because the cigarette is not put out fully. Additional common causes include falling asleep with a cigarette and using improper ashtrays.
Even a tiny candle flame can have upsetting repercussions. Many candle related fires start as a result of draughts that lead fire to catch burnable items and tilting candles that are not placed in reliable holders.
Room by Room Causes
The kitchen consists of many hazards that can cause fires. The common combo of open fire, grease, electricity, and water is very harmful. Grease fire is a common cause for fires in the kitchen is and is usually caused by fry pans. This type is dangerous as it can set the whole kitchen on fire. Additional fires are dry cooking fires and oven fires. These types are easy to manage and they are not likely to cause damage. Kitchen appliances may also create fire if not maintained well.
Bedroom fires are usually caused by misuse of electrical devices. Electrical fires can begin due to overloading extension cords and the use of electric blankets and warmers with no lab-approval. Heaters are a concern during winter if they are carelessly placed near linen, clothes, and other flammable items
Attics, Basements and the Garage
Popular as storage areas these places usually contain fire hazards such as gasoline and other flammable liquids. Old clothes, papers and other combustible items are also dangerous and should be stored safely. Many of the electrical fire hazards are also situated in these areas. Worn cords, electrical boxes and other signs of electrical trouble should be treated right away.
Heating Devices and Fireplaces
These are planned to generate heat and may be dangerous if not maintained well. Operating the fireplace without a screen will allow sparks to fly into the room and induce fire. Other causes of fire are flammable items such as wallpaper, curtains, and clothing that are left without maintaining adequate clearance around the heater.
For more information visit www.lasvegashomerestoration.com